INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm still here

I've been so busy I forgot to put anything up for a while, but I'll try to be more regular for a while.
Some of us went into the men's prison saturday, and things went pretty well. There wasn't a huge group, but a fair number showed up, although like always a number left after the first hour or so. The prisoner singers are getting quite good, considering how limited their practicing is.
This saturday some of us are going to the park downtown in Abingdon to do something. Anyone who would like to help out is more than welcome. It's from around noon to four, or whenever we decide to quit, near the totem pole, a block east of the highway.
Also, of course, don't forget the mini powwow at Chillicothe the last weekend in August.
There's something strange going on, someone is apparently trying to destroy the seven circles for some reason. I don't have any idea who it is or why they're doing it,or how serious they are. In fact, I really don't know anything about it, but I just wanted people to be aware of it. You may get or have gotten emails from them, or about them. Personally, I intend to stay out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home