INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Thursday, February 23, 2006

BACK FROM VACATION

Most of you know that I was gone all last week in Colorado. I had a great time, but I got sick after I came back(I always seem to get sick after a trip), and I have been miserable for a couple of days.
I missed the women's prison powwow, but I'm told it went great, and several of them joined the drum for a few songs. Don't forget the men's side on March 18.
We have a few things coming up. I was surprised to learn that we are performing for a cub scout pack this saturday, the 25th, at the methodist church in Lafayette. Dinner is at 5:30, and we perform after that. Also we are going to the marigold nursing home on tuesday, march 7th, at 7:00 pm. This will take the place of our regular tuesday practice, but we will have practice friday,march 3rd like usual.
Ask Jerry to show you the porky roach he just finished. It's beautiful! That reminds me that spring is just around the corner, and it's time to start getting all your regalia ready for powwow season. Remember, when we wear our dance clothes in the circle, they reflect back on all of us.
I hope you enjoyed the story last post, if so I can start putting a lot of that kind of thing in. Also, I have been requested to start putting in some links to good sites. Finally, I want to tell everyone that if you want to put something in here, just email it to me, and I will paste it in. Otherwise, if you want to post, you have to register at blogger.com, set up an account, then I make you a team member.
That's all for now, I'm not feeling great again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home