INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

sorry it's been so long

I know it's been a while since I posted. My new job has really been getting to me, plus I was gone for most of a week at a science fiction convention in St Louis. I am going to try to be more reliable.
A few things coming up. This friday we have practice at Ellen's house, we'd like to see a lot of people there.
The 24th and 25th we're singing for a mini powwow at the park in Chilicothe. It's from noon to around 5 both days, no evening sessions, and should be a lot of fun. Hopefully, this will evolve into a full fledged powwow.
Labor day weekend, Rainbow Singers will be at Rockome Gardens for some singing and dancing. I'm not sure where this is, but I will find out. I know they hope to turn this into a full powwow too. Everybody is welcome.
When I was at St. Louis, I went to Cahokia Mounds again. Everytime I go, I'm awed. There was nothing primitive about these people. Then I look around and think about how many mounds there used to be that have been destroyed for no good reason.
I am going to keep putting up examples of careless desecration, but I think right now I'd like to remind everyone that if we don't pass the word about this kind of thing and put it in the public eye, nothing will ever be done. MAKE SOME NOISE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home