INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Thursday, March 09, 2006

not much today

I don't have much to talk about today, but I added a couple of links to the blog. We had a small turnout at marigold nursing home, but we had an honor dance for Betty's birthday. Jerry had a new honor song, I think we will work on it, I liked it.
We had a good practice Friday, tho we talked as much as we sang.Sometime's it's good to just take stock of where we are. Brenda called during the practice, she had just got back from Iowa city and had pneumonia!
Get well and take care of yourself Brenda, we need and miss you.
Jerry and Joe are still going to the prison on the 1st wednesday of the month, and having some ups and downs there. Ask them about it.
I just learned about a powwow april 8 at washington university in St. Louis. I think it's a contest powwow, tho I'm not totally sure. I can get more info, or go to powwows.com and check the upcoming powwows list. Most of you probably know that the wildlife prairie park powwow has been cancelled. Too bad, it was small but a lot of fun.
I added two links, the first for the index of native american resources on the web, the other for powwows.com. Check them out, I will add more as I get time.
Also, if you have a picture you want shown, just email it to me, I can upload it to the blog.
I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to powwow season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home