INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm getting this blog going again

I'm going to try to get this going again, I apologize for not keeping it up lately.
The Pimitoui powwow went pretty good, better than I was afraid it would be. There were a fair number of dancers and quite a few spectators, although still not a lot of vendors. I think now with some work and care, this powwow at least can be kept going.
Our own Katie Hahn was head lady there, and she did a great job as always.
A couple of weekends ago a few of us did some songs and dances for a cub scout day camp, they really seemed to enjoy themselves.
The powwow at Knoxville was different, to say the least. Very few dancers, spectators, or vendors showed up, but we went ahead anyway. Our drum had some problems with the MC, I won't go into it but we were not happy at all. If this powwow has a future, it's going to take a lot of work and thought.
Bad news, Amelia Warrier, Ely Warrier's wife , has passed away. She will be missed.
I'm going on vacation for a while, but I'll get back when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home