INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Great practice

We had a great practice last night, I mean we were on!
So here's something from Tim Grant, lead singer of Omaha White Tail;

And I was taught that arena, once you make that circle, tobaccos laid down out there, that's holy ground, that's sacred ground. You know, but of course not everybody has the teachings that we have. So in 1989, my Uncle Jacob Drum, Uncle Clifford Kyle, he talked to me and my brother Kally. He says, "You guys been taking your drum around," he said, "but I'm going to put food in front of god, make a sacrifice for you that we're going to give you that right to take that drum in the four directions." He said, "You do things in the right way, that drums going to take care of you and you're going to be watched over by god because these prayers and the food that we sacrifice for you." And he said, "You'll see the changes for the fact that if you'd do things the proper way, you'll see all the good things that will come your way."

Okay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home