INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Thursday, May 04, 2006

A LOT COMING UP

This is going to be a busy couple of months, I thought I'd post what's happening.
First, some people went to Yorkwood school today to do a program. I feel really bad that I couldn't take the time off work, I hope with my new contract I'll have an easier time with things like this. Hope it went well.
Friday the 12th we have practice at Ellens, and we are going to try to get there early to put the heads on the prison drum. Be there at 6:00 if you want to help.
Tuesday the 16th we are going to Knox county nursing home, be there at 6:30.
We are going into the womens prison on the 20th, and the mens on june 17th.
Memorial day weekend we will be at the creve cour rendevous from 12:00 to 4:00 saturday and sunday (not monday).
Then there are several powwows coming up, the mothers day powwow at seven circles May 13th and 14th, then the Pimitoui powwow June 10-11, and the New Windsor powwow june 24-25. WHEW! I think I got it all for now.
Plus, we will have our regular tuesday and friday meetings.
Speaking of the prison, Jim says there is a snag in our efforts to be a seperate entity from the fellowship. It is kind of up in the air right now, I don't know what will happen. At least we will have the drum ready for them (if we can ever get in).
Brenda had to have a number of teeth removed wednesday, I hope she is okay. Everybody wish her well.
Unless I,m mistaken, Scott and Rosa should be back now. We all hope to see them and the baby soon.
I think I got it all. I hope to have something on community service soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home