INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Winter is on it's way

It sure got cold here today, I guess we have to expect that, thanksgiving is just around the corner. Speaking of thanksgiving, we didn't get as many requests to perform as usual, but we will be at a cub pack meeting the 30th in Kewanee. I don't have directions now, but Jerry or Ellen can tell you, and I will try to get them up here. We go on at 6:00 pm, be there early.
We have the women's prison powwow this saturday, be there by 11:30 or so. The men's prison is Dec. 16th.
Jerry has been in contact with the people running the dance in Hamilton in January, it looks good. There probably won't be another drum, so we have to work hard.
Speaking of Jerry, his wife got a job at the arsenal, so they found a house up by Milan and he stays up there most of the time now. We still have tuesday practice at his house in Abingdon, though. I don't have a phone number for their new place, but I will get it as soon as I can. If you can't get hold of him, try me or Ellen.
Richard seems a lot better now, he was going to try to go back to work this monday.
I don't remember whether I have mentioned this, but it looks like Genie and Richard Herbert will not be running the New Windsor powwow any more. I guess it's really gone this time.
As far as I know, we will have practice the friday after thanksgiving.
See everyone then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home