INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Thursday, December 07, 2006

winter won this one

That was some storm! You may already know that the performance for the cub scouts in Kewanee last thursday was cancelled because of weather warnings. I thought for a while that evening we had made a mistake, but I'm sure glad now Jerry went ahead and called it off. Over a foot of snow in one night! WOW!
This is a slow time for a while. We have practice friday at Ellen's house, we're going to work on songs for Hamilton.
The men's prison powwow is saturday the 16th. Be there by 11:00.
I heard Rich got caught in the storm on the road and didn't get home till saturday evening. It's times like that when he has to wonder why he's driving a truck.
I just heard about a new book that sounds interesting. The title is:
A Great and Godly Adventure: The Pilgrims and the Myth of the First Thanksgiving
it's written by:
British historian Godfrey Hodgson.
I haven't read it so I don't know much about it, but since the author is british he shouldn't have any emotional baggage on the subject.
I have a couple of other books I want to talk about soon, they are really worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home