INALI DANCERS

events and news of the Inali Dancers, an intertribal native dancing, singing, and culture group in western illinois

Monday, April 16, 2007

Yes, I'm still here

I know I haven't posted a lot lately, but work pressures are still bad, plus I really haven't had a lot to talk about.
We had a decent practice friday, quite a few people came, (Richard wasn't there because of an illness in his family, we're all praying for him). We had a lot of energy, and worked on some new songs. There's practice tuesday at Jerry's.
We don't have anything until the Mother's Day powwow, then things get busy for a while, (see last post, and I'll fill in as things get closer).
I hope the meeting saturday at Ellen's went well, it's a great cause. Thinking of it reminded me of a unique new approach one of the western states (I can't remember which one) has tried. They passed a law basically allowing information on locations of archaeological sites, burials and such to only be released to qualified people with a good reason. Before anyone who wanted to raid them could go to a university library and find out where they are. It's limited, but it's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home